Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I liked Marvin Kleinau's letter in the SI today

It is the 3rd one down. I like these quotes -
Do you vote for a name or do you vote for a record?

But for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would deny Cole another term in office. He has demonstrated beyond question the virtue of a full-time mayor and his dedication to the city of Carbondale. To vote him out of office would be a little like voting Churchill out of office right after World War II.

Why would anyone vote to "throw out the rascal" when he hasn't been a rascal?
I don't know if you have every heard Marvin act as MC of an event, but he is the best I have ever seen. I'm glad to see that not everyone has been drinking the Simon kool-aid.

His points are direct and nicely stated. I write for pages and never get anything that good, is so few lines. Worth a read.

No comments: