Friday, September 01, 2006

My profession is to plan and execute technology businesses.

I try to start and make businesses work for a living, that is what I do. I plan constantly. I dream about business plans at night. I read about business plans and their execution to the exclusion of almost everything else. I have been doing this for many years and it has worked out for me. When people ask me what I do, I like to tell them that I talk about work, I don't do any real work.

I don't program anymore. I look at the work that other programmers do and complain. I try to innovate, given the assets that I have at my disposal.

When there is genius in what I do is when I take the pieces I have and figure out a way to add one more piece to it and try to get something great. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. But, given enough time, money and energy, generally it is possible to win if you are smart enough and work hard enough.

I'll claim now that I'm an expert at planning and executing a technology based business.

Now on to the next post.

No comments: