Sunday, September 10, 2006

More about placement and CoBA's works harder

I was writing a little blog entry over on my other blog about innovation and was looking for the link of the SIUC CoBA's Innovation Center. I couldn't find it, but I did run across this little article about CoBA's placement center.

Check out their "extern" numbers. Now I know that a week long externship over spring break isn't as good as a full summer internship, but still it is a week long interview for the student. I bet lots of them get jobs at the company they did the externship.

I was trying to figure out if there were so many majors in business that this really isn't a fine result, but the numbers going from 38 to 57 in a couple of years speaks for itself.

Anyone know where the COLA people are going to do externships? Are they all coming out of rehab and doing work with CCS or something?

No comments: