Sunday, March 04, 2007

Brad's best decision?

I'm starting to dig into Brad's campaign documents and accomplishments over the last 4 years. The one item that sticks out in my mind as one of the very best things he has done is firing Carbondale Business Development Corporation and the $250k per year budget. Taking that function into City Hall as a full time position really worked for the city.

You could tell they were really serious when they started sending potential renters for a building I own, to talk to me. I finally had to call Jeremy Hayes (is that his name?) and told him to cut it out. Had a few emails back and forth with Brad about it too. I liked the city doing the work, but didn't want the calls at home during dinner.

I will go into some detail about how the business climate of Carbondale has improved in the last 4 years, in the next few weeks.

Of course, your comments are welcome.

No comments: