Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Brad Cole is so lucky.

I have been doing research on the Sheila Simon campaign's pitch and it turns out what their message is "Brad economic success is all luck." No matter who was mayor, they would have done as well. Sometimes you have to wonder if they know they are lying or if they are just misguided.

I have grouped a few of the people that I feel are the true superstars in Southern Illinois. Coach Lowery, Ed Benyas, Salah Mohammad, and Brad Cole are among the best performers I know of. I would have included Glenn Poshard too, but I ran out of time because Dave figured it out early.

There is almost no luck to what any of these top performers have done, it is all about hard work and being smart. The same way that Coach Lowery might be recruited to be coach elsewhere, almost every city could use Brad Cole's collection of hard work, knowledge and accomplishments.

It seems disingenuous for Sheila to be claiming that Brad is lucky to deceive the public. I'm going to write up the steps Brad has taken and continues to take to improve Carbondale in this space. Don't believe in luck, believe in hard work.

Of course, your comments are welcome.

1 comment:

PeterG said...

No comments yet from the anti-Brad crowd? Nothing to say about the Sheila campaign standard that anyone would have done what Brad has done?

What a surprise.