Thursday, February 15, 2007

SIU employees - who is Steve Beck and why do you care?

Management has seen fit to bring in a motivational speaker to SIU for 10, 3 hour sessions. Someone found an old entry here and wrote a comment about it, but I already had the yesterday's DE folded back to that page.

Here is my comment, you should go and see him. I have never seen an organization that could use a motivational message more then SIU. This is really standard practice in the real world, I have done it many times. Always, I have learned something new and it has been worth my time.

I think the ad in the papers should said that everyone in the administration had already been trained by him. But given SIU's history, I'm sure the administrators are "far to busy" or "special" to do it in mass. This is a typical lack of leadership issue that SIU's administrators have, they just don't get it.

I wonder if they would let me and everyone in my company go sit in? Someone should go and report back on how it went. I talked to someone at the gym yesterday who did the pilot program and said he it was good.

I'm completely behind this. It is a good idea. Poorly executed in many ways, but it is the first time they have done it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same idea, and would have gone anyway if they had scheduled an evening session. I doubt they'd check id.