Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Integrity, Responsibility and Opportunity

I have been waiting for Sheila Simon to start showing her cards and talking about her goals if she becomes mayor. Looks like she has figured out how to get front page coverage for at least the first plank of her platform, so maybe not saying anything earlier works? I don't think I have ever seen a candidate that appears to have so little in the way of day to day beliefs about the job that they can roll out a platform without anyone knowing what they are going to say ahead of time.

Here is the DE's story about this. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to know why she thinks she is better then the other candidates in the areas of "Integrity, Responsibility and Opportunity" based on this story. I wrote up a little thing in the community blog about Sheila's behavior at city council meetings of late as an example.

I have been wondering how long she is going to run a campaign based on $50 campaign contributions. It would be so easy to move on to getting a real dollars from some big fish (like Mike Madigan or another one of the statewide bigshots). The conspiracy theorist of Carbondale have been trying to figure out where the left over campaign fund of Paul Simon is stashed and how soon those dollars will appear in this race. Sheila told me that she doesn't have access to those funds, so I think we will not be seeing them.

No comments: