Friday, August 04, 2006

SIUC's Deans quitting? Someone called me about that one.

I'm sitting at work minding my own business when I get a phone call from someone who wants to talk about my little comment about SIU's Deans quitting. The caller told me that they feel SIUC's upper management all hate each other and it is killing productivity. They implied that an example of the infighting was when recruitment of new students moved to be under the Provost's office. The caller pointed out that the Provost is complete swamped, can't solve the problems that were on his plate before and now was handed a huge new responsibility. BTW - the caller was someone who knew something.

I'm not surprised that Wendler, Dunn and Koropchak can't get along. Clearly there is no vision in place from upper management that the staff or public can buy into. Don't send me mail about Southern at 150 or any of that crap, without someone giving SIUC a billion dollars that ain't happening. If the plans don't work, clearly administrators at SIU will fall back to what got them there, political attacks. Why worry about results when instead you can discredit the other guy?

The 3 readers of my earlier posts already know that I feel when you have a huge percentage of people leaving an organization leaving, it is clearly mismanaged. The Deans report to the Wendler or is it Dunn or is it both? Don't suppose it matters, but maybe Glen Poshard will start to hold SIUC's upper management accountable?

No comments: