Sunday, August 27, 2006

Comments about comments

Lots of good ideas in the comments -
Of course I use iTunes. Like most people my age I buy CD's as cheaply as possible and rip them. Heck, BoundlessGallery.com gave an iPod Nano to every employee last year at Christmas.

I didn't say I didn't like Poshard. As a matter of fact, I have high hopes for his success and have posted we are seeing something that looks like real leadership from him. But, clearly people who work for him are lying about the cost ($40,000! Ha!) of the party they are throwing. I object to the lying, it is wrong.

I'll break out the good stuff in new posts.

Thanks to each of you for commenting. It is a lot more fun to write when people ping you when you are wrong. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those "people your age" and also buy CDs rather than download tunes. The quality is much higher and if you buy wisely (4 for 1 purchases on BMG Music), the average cost is $6-7 per CD or 50 cents per song. The quality is far better than any mp3 player. Rip your CDs to your, uh, iPod and store the CDs in a nice cabinet for use with that old fashioned (but technologically superior) gadget:

the stereo system. (I used to sell $10,000 systems in a previous life. Try to do that today!).

J. Bean
Compressed but still alive and kicking

Anonymous said...

An iPod Nano?!?!?! Mine must have gotten lost in the mail. :) I use allTunes (alltunes.com/en-index.shtml) for my mp3's. It is a similar service to what you wrote about before that takes advantage of that same Russian law. Roughly 10 cents per song. It is kind of interesting experiement in price points because since 2001 I have spent roughly $4 buying 4 songs from iTunes, yet since May I have spent $8.87 buying 80 songs from allTunes and I can play those songs on my non-iPod mp3 player.

PeterG said...

Let me point out that Stan decided to tell BoundlessGallery.com to stick it and moved to Chicago after graduation. We are still trying to recover. :)