Friday, June 09, 2006

The stupidest business plan in Carbondale, IL?

I have contended for several years that the dumbest business idea is to open a pizza place between Quatro's and Pags in downtown. Once again, we have added a marginal chain (Gumby's) to make two places with bad pizza in that small area (the other being that really bad place on College). Both these places had better hope that bar crowd from 11 pm to 3 am treats them well.

There is also a second pizza place in the old Murphy's location on E. Walnut. I hear it is a straight up clone of Italian Village, owned by the long time manager of IV's? I still find it hard to believe if you were going into that location you wouldn't be better off staying with the higher profit margin steak, hamburger and fries menu of Murphy's.

Time will tell if either of these places is in business in a year or two. For me, I don't know what they were thinking.

No comments: